International Foodservice Distributors Association
2013 Gold MarCom Award Winner - Website Redesign with Kentico CMS & iMIS AMS
The International Foodservice Distributors Association (IFDA) represents foodservice distributors across North America and internationally. IFDA provides research, education, and business forums to its members to make them more competitive.
Aiming to enhance its online users’ experience, IFDA needed to:
- Modernize its user interface and content management system (CMS), making them more user-friendly;
- Produce a more visually-appealing, professional-looking website that promotes IFDA’s industry leading image;
- Enhance the website’s information architecture to allow for quick, easy navigation, and search for critical content;
- Integrate its website with the iMIS association management system (AMS) for database management and member-focused content; and
- Make it easier for the internal team to manage and update content on a regular basis.
IFDA was looking for a partner who could help create a more user-friendly web experience and provide better back-end integration between its website and database.
The ATS and IFDA teams collaborated closely on the web redesign, including:
- Information architecture, layout, and usability;
- Custom document types, widgets, taxonomy, and web parts;
- User-friendly, modern design implementation;
- Kentico CMS implementation and training;
- Working with ISG, IFDA’s iMIS AMS partner, to seamlessly integrate IFDA’s back-end systems with its new website; and
- Ongoing website support.
In 2013, IFDA’s newly redesigned website was selected out of over 6,500 entries to receive a Gold MarCom Award. The website:
- Simplifies back-end system management;
- Enables members to find information quickly;
- Better represents IFDA among its worldwide members and industry experts;
- Allows internal staff to update content quickly and efficiently, and
- Has received very positive feedback from IFDA’s constituents.