National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
Website Redesign with Kentico CMS & iMIS AMS
Founded in 1890, the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA) is the only organization serving and representing insurance and financial advisors regardless of their products or practice focus. NAIFA works to advocate for a positive legislative and regulatory environment, enhance business and professional skills, and promote the ethical conduct of its members.
As NAIFA looked to better engage its constituents, it needed a new website that would address these challenges:
- Cluttered and dated look and feel;
- Inconsistencies among web pages and microsites;
- Custom ColdFusion mini-applications that were part of its legacy website needed to be integrated or rewritten; and
- Lack of integration between its content management system (CMS) and custom ColdFusion applications, association management system (AMS), and in-house SQL database.
The new website needed to be user-centric, up-to-date with current standard and user interface elements, well-integrated with NAIFA’s AMS and custom applications, as well as easy-to-maintain for its internal staff.
NAIFA chose ATS as its partner for the redesign project due to ATS’ extensive experience working with associations, the Kentico CMS, and the iMIS AMS. The ATS and NAIFA teams collaborated closely to:
- Conduct a thorough discovery process to formulate a successful website strategy, including stakeholder interview, information architecture, taxonomy, layouts, wireframes, etc.;
- Deliver a fresh look and feel combined with mobile-friendly features;
- Implement the Kentico CMS that allows for a structured, predictable way to manage and update content;
- Integrate the Kentico CMS with NAIFA’s iMIS AMS and custom applications, including its in-house SQL database, for seamless access and maintenance; and
- Host the site and applications in ATS’ enterprise-class private cloud for security, availability, and flexibility.
The new website brought an enhanced user experience for NAIFA’s online users and internal staff, providing:
- A professional, clean look that best represents NAIFA’s image and reputation as an advocate in the insurance and financial advisement space;
- Enhanced, reliable search and navigation, enabling site visitors to find relevant information quickly;
- A mobile-friendly website that allows users simplified access regardless of their devices; and
- Simplified content management for internal staff.
NAIFA’s members have reported in with positive feedback on the new website’s look and structure. ATS and NAIFA continue to work together to explore building a NAIFA-branded app, possibly in connection with the Kentico CMS, for enhanced communications and engagement.