Ongoing IT Infrastructure Support & Cloud Solution Implementation
ROH Incorporated is a technical services company providing a wide range of services in the areas of program/project management and information technology to the government, education, and business sectors.
ROH Incorporated, like most companies, focuses on client needs. While delivering high-quality services to its clients, ROH was facing the following challenges internally:
- Its technical expertise was tied up working on various client projects, allowing little resources for its own internal IT infrastructure and security.
- ROH also had a mixed network environment (Novell and Exchange) and a decentralized network management structure that could benefit from consolidation and optimization.
ROH needed a technology partner that had thorough knowledge of its IT infrastructure in order to implement a network overhaul. The goal was to increase IT efficiencies, reduce technology-related costs, enhance security, and fully utilize the benefits of virtualization.
After assessing ROH’s IT infrastructure and the organization’s technology needs, ATS implemented a series of network optimization projects, including:
- Novell migration – Migration of all the applications to Windows and consolidation of everything under a Windows domain
- Exchange migration – Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 infrastructure migration and an upgrade from Exchange 2003 to 2010
- Network redesign – Creation of a site-to-site VPN and consolidation of all servers and workstations under a single centrally-managed domain
- Server virtualization – Consolidation of approximately seventeen ROH servers into five
- Deltek support – Accounting system management, maintenance, and upgrades
- Office moves – Assisted with two office moves
- Ongoing support – Provided senior level support for higher-level projects, such as virtualization, server migrations, upgrades, etc.
- Cloud-based backups – Moved ROH’s onsite backup system to a scalable cloud-based solution
- Security – Set up SPAM security solutionn and cloud-based endpoint protection
- Wireless network implementation – Implemented a secure wireless network
- Strategic IT guidance – Mapped out the IT direction for the company, aided in selection of key technologies, and assisted with budget planning
ROH’s network redesign and optimization:
- Ensured that its IT infrastructure is running in the most effective and efficient manner;
- Helped ROH save costs through the virtualization of hardware equipments; and
- Freed ROH’s staff from dealing with internal IT issues, so that they can focus on service delivery to clients.