Achieving CMMC Compliance Through NIST 800-171
Now is the time for DoD government contractors to get an assessment to determine where you stand regarding the CMMC level you want to achieve and NIST SP 800-171 controls in order to be certified. Passing your CMMC audit is crucial to your success as a government contractor. Whether you are just getting started with compliance, or have been navigating regulations for years, ATS can help you achieve Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification and NIST 800-171 compliance in a complex landscape.
ATS Compliance Framework
We take a holistic and structured approach to effectively and efficiently satisfy the NIST 800-171 controls.
- Identify the key stakeholders in your organization who will need to participate in the compliance effort.
- Identify the types of CUI in your organization and relevant information systems
- Conduct a baseline assessment of your organization’s current infrastructure against the NIST 800-171 control set
- Identify the areas for improvement to satisfy the controls
- Create a Plan of Action and Milestones document(PoAM)
- Create an initial systems security plan
- Prioritize the action items
- Assign responsibility
- Implement improvements to people, processes and technology
Use NIST 800-171A as a guide to generate evidence to support the assertation that the controls have been satisfied.
- Ensure ongoing actives such as risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and documentation reviews are taking place on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Confirm key stakeholders are up-to-date on any changes in guidelines and regulations that need to be addressed
- Instill continuous improvement as a fundamental aspect of day-to-day operations
The Core of Our Approach
We understand that accountability for complying with the NIST 800-171 guidelines lies with your organization. We want to partner with you and share the responsibility of satisfying these controls.
Managing the risk and implementing improvements relevant to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your information and information systems is fundamental to any compliance effort. We look at the people, processes, and technology to achieve your compliance objectives.
Not complying with NIST 800-171 guidelines will increase your organization’s risk as a Government Contractor and not complying with CMMC will risk your ability to bid on Government contracts.
- Microsoft Gold Partner for Cloud Platform
- Certified Azure and Office 365 GCC and GCC High CSP
- Seamless Migration to GCC and GCC High
- Experienced and Knowledgeable Staff