National Society of Black Engineers
2011 American Web Design Award Winner - Website Redesign with Kentico CMS & IMPak AMS
The National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) is a premier organization serving blacks in engineering and technology. With more than 30,000 members around the world, NSBE is one of the largest student-governed organizations based in the United States.
NSBE was looking for a new website that would provide:
- Upgraded architecture, improved functionality, and an improved visual design that spoke to its members;
- A seamless integration with the IMPak association management system (AMS);
- An easier way for its staff to manage, maintain, and update content; and
- The ability to easily create minisites that would successfully promote its brand identity for its multiple events, such as the Annual Convention.
NSBE needed a partner to collaborate with its team to build a website that would meet modern website standards, and most importantly, better serve and communicate with its members and other stakeholders.
In 2010, ATS and NSBE worked together to:
- Conduct a full discovery process to formulate a successful website and content strategy, which fully addressed NSBE’s technical, visual requirements, and user expectations;
- Implement the Kentico content management system (CMS), as it met NSBE’s requirements right “out of the box” and was particularly intuitive for NSBE’s staff to update and maintain; and
- Integrate the IMPak association management system (AMS) with the Kentico CMS, providing seamless, simplified online experience for NSBE members.
The NSBE’s website was named among the 2011 American Web Design Award winners. The 2010 web redesign brought NSBE:
- A visually-appealing and user-centric website;
- Seamless integration between the CMS and AMS for enhanced member engagement and management; and
- A user-friendly CMS for NSBE’s staff to update content efficiently and easily.