Strategic Approaches to Managing Risk
Safeguarding Information in Credit Unions
As credit unions face exposure to rapidly rising rates of cyberattacks, protecting sensitive data and effectively managing risk have never been more critical.
Safeguarding member information and meeting strict regulatory requirements are top priorities that call for strategic and comprehensive approaches.
The Rise of Cyber Threats and the Need for Resilient Protection
Credit unions must adopt thorough protection strategies to counteract the increasing sophistication of bad actors looking to harvest or hold credit union data hostage for ransom. Information security (infosec), with a focus on cybersecurity, should be considered a core component of every credit union’s operational strategy.
A progressive stance against digital risk includes:
- Adoption of comprehensive security measures, including internal and external vulnerability testing, to identify potential weak points.
- Continuous security monitoring for real-time threat detection and response.
- Implementation of detailed risk assessments to anticipate and mitigate potential security incidents.
Ensuring Compliance with Regulatory Requirements
Compliance with ever-evolving regulatory requirements is crucial for avoiding penalties and losing customer trust.
Considerations to ensure compliance:
- Professional IT services to manage organizational risk to acceptable levels while protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your information and systems.
- Network infrastructure assessments provide a complete network review, ensuring that your network is well-protected and compliant.
- Support with IT audit preparation and technology conversions can streamline the compliance process and minimize disruption to your operations.
Leveraging Managed IT Services for Risk Management
Managed IT services provide an efficient, cost-effective solution to help credit unions manage risk and protect information.
Benefits of a relationship with a trusted MSP (managed service provider):
- Managed services collaborate with your IT staff and offload time-consuming, specialized work through offering patch management, online backups, and complete IT-managed services.
- The integration of cloud migration services into your risk management strategy can enhance data security and recovery through cloud data protection practices such as data segregation and encryption.
- Managed hosting solutions can deliver high availability for critical applications, websites, databases, and file servers, reducing downtime and potential revenue loss.
Credit unions need strategic IT solutions to manage risk and protect vital information effectively.
With ATS’s broad range of services, including comprehensive security measures, compliance support, and managed IT services, Credit unions can focus on their core mission—serving their members—while enjoying peace of mind in their information security and risk management strategies.