What Would You Do if You Lost Everything?
- Have a strategic disaster recovery plan in place. This can help you avoid costly mistakes. The best strategies will incorporate your infrastructure, processes and staff.
- Provide custom training to both your business and technical staff. Work with your staff to ensure they have a thorough understanding of all processes and procedures in place in the event of a disaster.
- Conduct an impact analysis to find a balance between your budget and the level of protection that your organization needs.
- Identify any problem areas that either occurred or have the potential for disrupting your organization.
- Share your plan with your employees and review it regularly.
- Test your disaster recovery plan periodically to ensure it is in alignment with your organization’s changing needs. Despite the importance of disaster recovery plan testing, most organizations overlook this step. Even when plans are tested almost 75% fail.